Thoughts of the inarticulate.
My thoughts, which I'm no good at articulating.

Friday, August 08, 2008

Montastic is not so right? ...

I had a feeling I wrote my last post too early. Although Montastic is not bad, its not particuarly good either.

On the site it says:
How often does the system monitor my sites?
We try to do it every 10 minutes at the minimum. This varies depending on the system load.


However I've found there to be at least 30 minute delays in the change of thats from what I've seen. Thats getting up to delays that make the service pretty useless for my purposes. I want to feel secure that if my site goes down, I'm going to know about it within 10 minutes at the most.

Anyway, I can't complain about a free service. It does seem like I'm going to have to pay to get a decent service. $50 a month still seems too much though. $10 - $15 I'd probably be willing to do. Although often it is worth shelling out the bucks for peace of mind.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home